Red is the most stimulating of all colors in the Visible Light Spectrum.
Red has the longest wavelengths and can penetrate tissue the deepest of all colors in the Visible Light Spectrum.
Red has the closest wavelength to infrared and, like infrared, creates a sensation of heat & warmth.
Simply looking at the color RED has been scientifically shown to stimulate the Sympathetic Nervous System: it excites the nerves and blood, releases adrenalin, activates the circulation of the blood and vitalizes the physical body.
(This is why all warning signs, danger signs, poison signs and STOP signs are Red – Red immediately creates a heightened sense of alertness).
Red Light Therapy
Shining red light on wounds has been used for centuries to stimulate mitochondrial function and promote faster wound healing, treating arthritis, healing bones and, in recent years, stimulating stem cell growth.
Modern science and NASA have validated this accelerated healing effect in literally hundreds of research studies.
Red Light Therapy for Anti-aging, Beautification, Rejuvenation and Healing
Besides healing wounds, the mitochondrial stimulating function of red light also stimulates production of collagen for anti-aging treatments, wrinkle reduction, improved skin elasticity and reduction of hyperpigmenation (age spots or sun spots).
Learn how to Find the BEST and Least Expensive Light Therapy Devices HERE
Red evokes survival instincts, raises circulation, gets the heart pumping faster and increases libido and determination. (See SEX RESEARCH below)
Red can help overcome tiredness as well as chronic chills or colds. Too much red can raise blood pressure and increase hyperactivity, especially if you’re already under stress.
Why do all Fast Food Restaurants use RED and YELLOW in their logos? Keep Reading…
SCIENCE OF RED LIGHT THERAPY
Including Red (635 nm, 660 nm) & Near Infrared (850 nm, 880 nm)
See my page, How to Find Inexpensive Light Therapy Devices for my Light Therapy Expert and Engineer’s insider buying tips and recommendations so you, too, can get the BEST and least expensive Light Therapy Devices on the market today and avoid getting ripped off.
• Accelerates healing of wounds and chronic infections & mouth ulcers – sunlight used in past wars to treat wounds (NASA 2001, 2011 – mouth ulcers in cancer patients)
• Stimulates collagen production for anti-aging & wrinkle reduction (NASA & others)
• Heals back pain and muscle injuries (NASA & others)
• Treats Arthritis – cellular regeneration (NASA)
• Stimulates Muscle regeneration – (University of Sao Paolo, Brazil, 2012) (NASA 2001 – Navy Seals)
• Stimulates Hair regrowth
• Treats Allergic rhinitis (Dept. of Allergy & Asthma, Hasharon Hospital, Israel)
• Kills cancer cells (when paired with a Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) substance like 5-ALA) (numerous research
• Stimulates bone healing (Red or Near Infrared, depending on bone depth)
• Heal burns from X-rays, UV (sunburn), radiation (ie. cold/short-wavelength induced burns)
• Treats AIDS virus & Measles (Baylor University Medical Center)
• Treats Herpes Simplex I (cold sores – RED or NEAR IR) – (Baylor Univ. Medical Center; 2006, UK, Dr. Gordon Dougal)
• Stimulates Nerve regeneration – paralysis (2009 Sonoma, CA; 2010, Kanazawa University, Japan; 2012 – IR –
University of Cambridge)
• Treats Multiple Sclerosis (in mice) – stimulates immune response (2012 University of Wisconsin)
• Stimulates new brain cell growth to treat and reverse Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia (Near IR – 2013, UK,
Dr. Gordon Dougal)
(Direct PubMed & NCBI research links will eventually be added to this page)
SEX Research about RED:
• Men perceive women wearing red (compared with other colors) as more sexy & are willing to spend more on a date with them.
– (University of Rochester, Dr. Elliot, 2008)
• Women who view men wearing Red perceive them as more sexually attractive, higher in status, more likely to be successful in business and more desirable as a mate.
– (University of Rochester, Dr. Elliot, 2010)
PHYSICAL EFFECTS – RED is Warming & Exciting
Stimulates the sensory nervous system
Used to counteract Cold/Sluggish conditions
Stimulates the liver, helps regenerate liver function
Increases red blood cell production
Encourages movement, fast responses (warning signs)
Stimulates sympathetic nervous system (ie. adrenaline fight or flight response – like Caffeine, cigarettes, cocaine, amphetamines do):
Speeds heart rate
Increases peripheral blood circulation
Stimulates sensory nervous system & energizes the senses (taste, smell, sight, hearing, touch)
Large Amounts of Red are Contraindicated for those with: asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease or epilepsy
RED is stimulating on Physical/Cellular AND Psychological Levels
How to Use Red on an Everyday Basis
Bring more Red into your life if you would like to have more:
Energy, Libido, Vitality, Passion, Excitement,
Courage, self-confidence, determination
Will power to break free from the past
Joyfulness & laughter
Abundance in your life
1st Chakra (Red) is about survival, security, procreation, basic needs (money, home, shelter).
Fire Element (Red/Heart) is about Energy & Movement.
Use RED if you’d like to be more:
Spontaneous, extroverted, active
Present in the here and now
Positive & optimistic
Open, warm & loving in your relationships
Red in the Home or other areas
Use in Activity Areas & Corridors
Use in Meeting Areas, Bars – anywhere you’d like to stimulate conversation and energy
Avoid excess use in Bedrooms, Study areas or High Stress Areas – it’s too stimulating
Large amounts of red make rooms look smaller, but as an accent like artwork or painting a single wall, Red can add energy & vibrancy.
RED is Often used in FAST FOOD OUTLETS
(usually with Yellow which stimulates appetite & digestion)
McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Sonic, Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, etc…
In a Fast Food place, RED will ensure that:
• customers come and go quickly (red stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, just like caffeine and makes people do everything more quickly, including deciding on food, ordering food and eating food
• customers feel positive and upbeat (red is energizing and uplifting) during their visit; the positive feeling will then be associated with the fast food establishment, encouraging return visits
• RED increases the sense of smell and taste, so the fast ‘food’ tastes and smells better – encouraging overeating and greater purchases
• RED stimulates liver function which will help digest all the fat, toxins and chemicals in the fast ‘foods‘